Available Currency Pairs
Delivery date: T+1; T+2
Maximum maturity: 24 months
Did You Know?
- The Bank of Thailand (BoT) is the central bank of Thailand. Its objective is to promote monetary stability in the Thai Kingdom.
- Price setting method: the floating exchange rate is described as “supervised”. Although there is no target exchange rate for the THB, the BoT is likely to intervene in the foreign exchange market at times of excessive volatility.
Features and highlights
- THB is one of only two freely transferable and convertible currencies in Southeast Asia.
- It is relatively liquid, and enjoys a stable economic environment.
- THB, like other emerging currencies, it tends to depreciate during periods of market stress. In recent history, the country has gone through several periods of political unrest which have each time rocked the market.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of THB.
PAYMENTS IN THB TO THAILAND
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
New Year’s Day 1 Jan
Makha Bucha Day 1 Mar
Songkran Festival 13 - 14 Apr
Visakha Bucha Day 29 May
King’s Birthday OBS 30 Jul
King Bhumibol Memorial Day 13 Oct
King Rama IX’s Birthday 5 Dec
New Year’s Eve OBS 2 Jan
Chakri Memorial Day 6 Apr
National Labour Day 1 May
Asarnha Bucha Day 26 Jul
Queen’s Birthday OBS 13 Aug
King Chulalongkorn Day 23 Oct
Constitution Day 11 Dec
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday