Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) serves as a central bank and has the function of ensuring the non-inflationary growth of the Singaporean economy.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is described as “supervised”. MAS still controls the evolution of the SGD against a basket of international currencies, whose composition is not public.
Features and highlights
- Singapore’s currency is one of the only freely convertible and transferable Asian currencies.
- As Singapore is an outward-looking economy, MAS tends to intervene to limit the excessive appreciations of SGD.
There are no particular restrictions on the purchase and sale of SGD.
The IBAN format is used in Singapore. Payment instructions must contain:
- The BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- The full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday