Available Currency Pairs
Delivery date: T+1; T+2
Maximum maturity: 24 months
Did You Know?
- The Bank of Japan (BoJ) is the central bank of the Japanese archipelago. Its main objective is to ensure non-inflationary growth and maintain the stability of the country’s financial system.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is floating. The BoJ intervenes directly in the foreign exchange market only in exceptional situations, but it closely monitors the evolution of its currency.
Features and highlights
- The yen is the third most transacted currency in the world: because of this, it is categorised as one of the “major” currencies. It is also Asia’s most liquid currency.
- During the Fukushima earthquake (2011), the yen tended to appreciate sharply: markets were anticipating overseas remittances from Japan for reconstruction.
- The Japanese currency has been used as a safe haven for several years, so it has tended to appreciate in times of market stress.
There are no particular restrictions on the purchase and sale of JPY.
PAYMENTS IN JPY TO JAPAN
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
New Year’s Day 1 Jan
National Foundation Day OBS 12 Feb
Showa Day OBS 30 Apr
Greenery Day 4 May
Marine Day 16 Jul
Respect-for-the-Aged Day 17 Sep
Health-Sports Day 8 Oct
Labor Thanksgiving Day 23 Nov
Coming-of-Age Day 8 Jan
Vernal Equinox Day 21 Mar
Constitution Day 3 May
Children’s Day 5 May
Mountain Day 11 Aug
Autumnal Equinox Day OBS 24 Sep
Culture Day 3 Nov
The Emperor’s Birthday OBS 24 Dec
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday