Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- The Bank of Japan (BoJ) is the central bank of the Japanese archipelago. Its main objective is to ensure non-inflationary growth and maintain the stability of the country’s financial system.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is floating. The BoJ intervenes directly in the foreign exchange market only in exceptional situations, but it closely monitors the evolution of its currency.
Features and highlights
- The yen is the third most transacted currency in the world: because of this, it is categorised as one of the “major” currencies. It is also Asia’s most liquid currency.
- During the Fukushima earthquake (2011), the yen tended to appreciate sharply: markets were anticipating overseas remittances from Japan for reconstruction.
- The Japanese currency has been used as a safe haven for several years, so it has tended to appreciate in times of market stress.
There are no particular restrictions on the purchase and sale of JPY.
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday