Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is the central bank of Australia. Its objective is to ensure non-inflationary growth in the country’s economy.
- Price Fixation Method: the floating exchange rate is described as “supervised”. The RBA reserves the right to intervene punctually in the foreign exchange market when it considers the volatility of its currency to be significant.
Features and highlights
- The AUD is considered a “commodity currency”: the country is a major producer of iron, coal, uranium and gold. Australia also exports a number of agricultural products. Therefore, the value of the AUD shows a certain degree of correlation with global commodity prices.
- Due to Australia’s important economic ties with China, the evolution of the AUD is increasingly correlated with that of the economic situation of the Chinese economy.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of AUD.
The IBAN format is not used in Australia.
Payment instructions must contain:
- Either: the BIC Code, the full name, the address and the account number of the beneficiary
- Or: the BSN, the name and address of the bank, as well as the full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday