Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- The Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE) is in charge of the monetary policy of the seven Emirates of the country.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate has been defined as fixed since 1980. The dirham is directly indexed to the US dollar: the USD/AED exchange rate is in the range of 3.6720/3.6730
Features and highlights
- In the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the United Arab Emirates has one of the most liquid currencies.
- Friday is a non-working day in the United Arab Emirates, so there is no delivery of AEDs that day.
- Due to the indexation of the AED to the USD, the evolution of the EUR/AED is almost perfectly correlated with that of the EUR/USD.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of AEDs
The IBAN format is used in the United Arab Emirates. Payment instructions must contain:
- The full name and address of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday