Available Currency Pairs
Delivery date: T+1; T+2
Maximum maturity: 24 months
Did You Know?
- Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) is the Central Bank of Hungary. Its objective is to maintain price stability.
- Price fixing method: the exchange rate is qualified as floating. The HUF is usually traded against the EUR, and, to a lesser extent, against the USD.
Features and highlights
- HUF is one of the most liquid currencies among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Although there is no agenda for Hungary’s possible accession to the eurozone, the forint has been relatively stable against the single currency for several years.
- The forint is less volatile than some emerging currencies. In addition to the good performance of the Hungarian economy, the HUF also benefits from the country’s willingness to peg it to the EUR.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of HUF.
PAYMENTS IN HUF TO HUNGARY
The IBAN format is mandatory. Payment instructions must contain:
- The full name of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
New Year's Day 1 Jan
Good Friday 30 Mar
Labour Day 1 May
St. Stephen’s Day 20 Aug
All Saint’s Day 1 Nov
Christmas Holiday 26 Dec
Revolution (1848) Day 15 Mar
Easter Monday 2 Apr
Whit Monday 21 May
Revolution Day 23 Oct
Christmas Day 25 Dec
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday