Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) is the Central Bank of Hungary. Its objective is to maintain price stability.
- Price fixing method: the exchange rate is qualified as floating. The HUF is usually traded against the EUR, and, to a lesser extent, against the USD.
Features and highlights
- HUF is one of the most liquid currencies among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Although there is no agenda for Hungary’s possible accession to the eurozone, the forint has been relatively stable against the single currency for several years.
- The forint is less volatile than some emerging currencies. In addition to the good performance of the Hungarian economy, the HUF also benefits from the country’s willingness to peg it to the EUR.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of HUF.
The IBAN format is mandatory. Payment instructions must contain:
- The full name of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday